Thursday, June 8, 2017

Bookish Bingo: Spring 2017 Wrap-Up


WOO GUYS, I COMPLETED ANOTHER BINGO CARD! I'M SO PROUD OF MYSELF. :D And as always, this is hosted by Bekka from Pretty Deadly Reviews. If you want to participate in the summer edition, you can find all the details here. Now to talk about all that I read for spring! Which was a lot! Haha.

*****

The Favorites
*Green Cover: The Names They Gave Us by Emery Lord
*Magic: A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab 
*Spring Release: Death and Night by Roshani Chokshi
*Series Finale: A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab
  *POC on Cover: When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
*Multi POV: A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab
*LGBT+ Main Character: Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore
*Historical: Do You Want to Start a Scandal by Tessa Dare
 *Blue Cover: Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer

The rereads of ADSOM and AGOS don't *really* count here, but I had to add them anyway. My ultimate favorites here are the three whose covers I shared. BUT I LOVED ALL OF THESE A LOT. Some of them got 4.5 stars, but they were still friggin' fabulous that I wanted to put them here instead.
 
The Good  
*Muslim Main Character: That Thing We Call a Heart by Sheba Karim
*Sisters: The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Abertalli
*Nonfiction: Wonder Women by Sam Maggs
*Thriller: Missing by Kelley Armstrong
*Adapted to TV/Movie: The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket
*Witches: Face the Fire by Nora Roberts
*Over 500 Pages: Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor

The In-Between
*Paranormal: Dance Upon the Air by Nora Roberts
*Just Words on Cover: The Demon in the Wood by Leigh Bardugo
*Dragons: Dragon Slippers by Jessica Day George
*Purple Cover: Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen
*2017 Debut: You're Welcome, Universe by Whitney Gardner
*Retelling: The Seafarer's Kiss by Julia Ember
 *Scary: The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich

I enjoyed most of these books, but I didn't love them, so that's what I mean by in-between. I think I enjoyed Julia Ember's newest the most here, and The Dead House was super creepy and interesting. But yeah, I liked the rest of these!

The Bad
 *Politics or Gov't: Given to the Sea by Mindy McGinnis

I feel pretty damn happy that there's only one book here, but also a little heartbroken. Mindy McGinnis is one of my all-time favorite authors, so this is incredibly sad and disappointing. But I just did not like this book. So I need her next story asap so I can forget all about how much I didn't love her first fantasy.


Have you read any of these books yet? What did you think of them? I'm so excited for a new bingo card!